Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 Months Old!

Montgomery turned 10 months old on Sunday!!! Wow – it goes by so quickly!!!! We went for a check up with Dr. Cook and she weighs 19 pounds and is 28 inches long, which is 40 percentile and 50 percentile respectively. Her head is still at 97 percentile! She doesn’t look like she has a melon head to me but apparently it’s pretty big in comparison to her peers. More room for brains I guess.

Birdie continues to be pretty easy and just so much fun and so entertaining. She constantly chatters away, making all sorts of sounds, squeals and random noises. I wish I knew what she was saying, but all in good time - I am sure she will be giving us an earful of what she thinks. I can spend hours just watching her examine every little thing she comes across - picking it up, turning it over, holding it in her fingers to determine its texture, weight, smell and of course, taste. She is fascinated by mouths – she wants to stick her hand in your mouth and feel around. If you open your mouth and make strange noises or clicks she will reach in to see where the sound is coming from and giggle. She is a very busy child and doesn’t seem to get bored at all. She can still keep herself entertained with a roll of toilet paper for a good 30 minutes.

She’s definitely aware of what “no” means and I only have to tell her “no” once or twice and give her a stern look and she pretty much obeys. There are only two things that we constantly have to tell her NO about and yet she still pushes us to see what her boundaries are – her diaper pail and the computer keyboard. We tell her NO when she touches these two things and she stops, then looks at me as it if to gauge how serious I am about the NO. Then she will slowly reach out to the diaper pail while looking at me and smiling – as if to taunt me “I am going to touch this”!!!! Little devil! I tell her NO again sternly and she will pull her hand back quickly and look at me and smile. If she tries a third time to touch it, I say NO and pick her up and set her back down a few feet away from it – at his point her lower lip comes out and her whole face goes into what I call “frowny face” and she starts with a big cry. It’s a forced cry though, not that cry that comes out when she falls down or is scared. It’s pretty comical and doesn’t last very long.

She also loves standing at the back door and watching Scott as he rides horses in the round pen. Last week he saw her standing in the doorway watching him and he waved at her and she waved back!!! It was too cute. I can hold her up on the back of the sofa so she can watch him through the window and she will bang on the window and shout at him through the glass, as if she’s trying to get Scott’s attention by saying “Hey I’m over here DaDa!”

Over the weekend, Scott was out of town at a horse show and I had the phone on speaker so he could talk to her. At the end I said to her, “Say bye-bye DaDa” and she said “bye-bye DaDa”. Scott heard her say it! She can almost say “Hi Tanky” too. (Tank is one of our dogs.)

One of her top front teeth has been working its way in slowly over the last few weeks. It’s poked out about half way so she has a 3-tooth smile, which is adorable. She’s eating lots of “real” food too – Cheerios, goldfish crackers, animal crackers, rice, pasta and various fruits. Anything that dissolves or that she can somewhat smash with her three teeth and gums seems fair game at this point.

She’s on the verge of walking – she was taking three or four steps here and there and sitting down, but now she is taking around 8 – 10 steps now before she sits down. And she just gets so proud of herself too – it’s the cutest thing. I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating her 1st birthday in just two months!


We met "Clutch" - the Houston Rocket's mascot - at the Arboretum! She loved him!

So tired she fell asleep in her high chair!

1 comment:

Sandra Dee said...

Wow Sarah! It is crazy how fast it all goes by! Montgomery is now what, 10 months and a week? Sounds like she is her own person...awww I want to get together soon! Heck, soon will be her 1 yr Bday celebration! But if you're ever bored and want us to come visit just let me know! Juliana likes other babies. I know they aren't officially supposed to be capable of playing with others (or interested?), but they are intrigued by each other! Love you! Sandra Dee & Juliana