Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our First Road Trip!

You never realize how much stuff a tiny little person needs until you pack up the car for a short road trip. Formula, diapers, bottles, wipes, clothes, travel bed, blankets, pacifiers, medicine, stroller, playmat...you get the idea!

I tried to time it so that we would get on the road right after she ate so she would fall asleep. She had a bottle, fell asleep and off we went. I loaded up the car and Birdie and I headed to Fort Worth this morning to see Scott at the NCHA Derby. We got to about Navasota (which is only 15 minutes from home) before she had a meltdown. I had to pull over and give her a bottle again! And then had to pull her out of her car seat and burp her and let her get a little settled before we got back on the road. She slept the rest of the trip.

We arrived safely a few hours later. Birdie was sooooo happy to see her Daddy (and her Daddy was equally happy to see her too!). Here are two photos from the hotel room today.


No comments: