The latest milestones include another tooth and she’s now officially crawling! She doesn’t do a traditional crawl on her knees though – she does a “crab” crawl where she tucks her little feet up under her and leans on one knee and pushes off her feet. She’s very quick now! She can scoot across the room very well. When she stops, she carefully pulls her feet up under her and rolls back on her butt so she’s sitting up. She’s very proud of herself when she finds something to pull herself up to so she’s on her feet. We’ve started babyproofing that house as much as possible. We’re trying to contain her mostly to the living room kitchen area, and hopefully as soon as we get some baby fencing done, she can spend more time in her room.
She’s already outgrown lots of toys – her baby swing, her bouncy seat, her cradle, etc. I spent an hour on Sunday lowering the mattress in her crib to the bottom level so that when she naps and wakes up in there, she won’t pull herself up and fall over the edge! Scott and I are still letting her sleep in the bed at night. I’m well aware that we are creating a monster by getting into that habit – but considering that she slept in her playpen/crib when she spent a week with her grandparents, I don’t think SHE is the one who cares where she sleeps. It’s all ME!! I just love having her curled up next to me at night and since she’s still taking a bottle in the middle of the night, it’s a convenience thing too. I know one of these days I am going to have to go cold turkey and put her in her crib at night and not get up when she cries for a bottle – but I am dreading it!!!!
Here are some photos. I will try to get a video of the crab crawl!






No comments:
Post a Comment