Today is my first day back at work, which means I had to leave my little Bumble Bee behind today with a nanny!! I am not TOO stressed about it though because it’s not like I am leaving her completely ALONE with the nanny. Scott is there all day and checks on her regularly and Sandy is there too so they are on-site in case something happens. And at this stage when MMF is not even mobile yet, it’s not like I worry about her walking around unsupervised sticking her fingers in electrical sockets. She pretty much just sits there and eats and sleeps and cries and smiles and giggles (if I’m lucky). When she gets to crawling and walking, then I’ll be a little more stressed!
She’s been super happy in the mornings lately – she wakes up and stretches for about 5 minutes, then smiles and giggles for awhile. I swear I had a complete conversation with her the other day! We exchanged a 5-minute series of expressive oooohs and ahs and coos and smiles. She’s sleeping a bit better and a bit longer too.
We went in last week for her immunizations and her 2-month check up. She weighed in at 11 pounds 4 ounces! The doctor said she might have acid reflux and not colic. I thought they had to be spitting up and throwing up a lot for acid reflux but he said they can have it where it just comes half way up her esophagus and burns her throat but never to the point where she actually spits up. Now that I read more about the symptoms, I really think that’s what it’s been! Poor MFF!!!! She refuses to ever sleep lying flat, she gets upset right after she eats, she makes little fists and arches her back and throws her head back after she eats– which is apparently a big sign of reflux. Doc said to give her 1 – 2 ml of Maloxx and see if that helps. OK, she HATES the Maloxx but I manage to get her to swallow a little and it seems be helping. She slept last night for over five hours straight!!!
That’s all I have to report today. I will try to get some new photos up soon.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome back. It's good to have you back in the office.
I really like all your photos. You have a great eye for the camera.
Post a Comment