Last week Miss Montgomery continued to have a rough time sleeping at night and I noticed she was increasingly upset after every feeding. I knew she had some reflux problems so we always try to keep her upright for eating and sleeping but they seemed to be getting worse and I just couldn’t stand that she would cry out and writhe around in pain! So I made an appointment to go back to the doc and I wrote down a pattern of her behavior and symptoms over the course of three days. The doc confirmed that she has reflux and gave her a prescription for Prevacid. (We had been giving her Maalox, per the doc’s first suggestion, but it just wasn’t working well enough.) We have to cut the Prevacid table in half and dissolve it in water and squirt it into her mouth twice a day. We started that on Thursday and I can definitely see a notable improvement!!! She still fusses a little after she eats but not much and she’s only waking up once at night to eat – yea!
Last night we had her lying flat on the bed playing for about 20 minutes and she seemed happy – but that was a big NO-NO! I guess the flat time pulled her acids up and she started shrieking and writhing around and crying. I felt so bad that we had put her flat like that! I held her over my shoulder for about 30 minutes until she was sound asleep and limp in my arms (which, by the way, is the BEST feeling ever!).
Yesterday I had her in the Baby Bjorn and she was sound asleep when Scott came up to her and grabbed her feet. She was so startled that she jumped up and shrieked! She made an angry/scared face and then her bottom pouty lip came out and she started to wail this soulful cat-like cry. What a mean mean Daddy! (OK, it was funny but not nice!) I wish I had a picture of it.
My Aunt Betsy was in town on Tuesday on her book tour. She recently published her first novel called Hallam’s War (click here to check it out!). My Mom and step dad had a nice cocktail reception party for her at their house – Montgomery was a big hit! She wore an adorable green with white polka dots knit “tennis” dress and pale green bloomers. Too cute.
I will try to post some new photos this week. Tomorrow is her 12-week birthday so we’ll definitely have photos for that!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment