Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Lot To Be Thankful For...

The last few days have been fairly uneventful. Montgomery has been sleeping fairly well giving me 2 - 3 hour increments of sleep through the night between feedings. She still has at least one or two metldowns during the day but we try one of the calming techiniques and something usually ends up working. I swear Scott has become the "baby whisperer" - he can almost always get her to calm down within a few minutes.

She is getting stronger every day. If I lay her on her stomach she can now pick her head up and move it from one side to the other. Her little legs can kick hard too! I can't wait until she is just a little bigger so I can start putting her in some of the adorable outfits she has. This child has more clothes than I do. Right now, she's just "naked baby" all the time though since she really just fits into onsies, which are fiarly boring.

We had some friends out to the ranch yesterday for my birthday, which was lots of fun. My Dad took this photo of us - he managed to catch me actually SMILING with my awful braces on. Only two more months and I get the braces off!!!



I am officially 35 years old today! Despite all the usual stresses of life - bills, finances, baby crying... life is pretty good and I have a lot to be thankful for. I have great health, a wonderful husband, a job, a car to drive, a roof over my head, food on my table, friends and family that I love and love me, and most of all, a happy, healthy beautiful baby girl.

No comments: