Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our First Mother's Day

At 5am this morning I found myself sitting on the floor of my bathroom, hooked up to the breast pump and feeling like a milk cow in flannel pajamas. This is the part of motherhood they dont put in those Mommy books you get when you are pregnant. They make it sound like you'll have some bonding experience with your breast pump. I am sure other Moms are familiar with this experience. Beyond the whir of the pump, I was listening to Scott try to soothe Montomgery in the other room. He's not having much luck. I had already been at it for an hour before i handed her off to him. She was a perfect angel up until about 4am, when she woke up to eat and decided it was time to get up for the day and cried until about 6:30am.

Max, our 80-pound brindle Catahoula hog dog, was curled up on the bathmat in front of me, trying desperately to ignore me and sleep in the midst of the chaos. I'm still not sure how such a big dog can manage to get himself into such a small ball. The bath mat is the only soft place in the house for him to sleep on since I pulled up all the rugs in the house to take them to get cleaned. That was three weeks ago though and the rugs are still sitting on the front porch.


Scott gave me the most beautiful, enormous bouquet of flowers this morning for Mother's Day! So sweet. Mo and Pete came out for Mother's Day brunch at the ranch - they brought food and Sandy made a cobbler with all the blackberries we picked. It was delicious! We sat on the porch and enjoyed the unusually un-humid weather we had today. Had a little champagne and then an nice long napy. Mother's Day is good.


This is a good picture of Montgomery's "birdie" face.


My Mom with Montgomery, and my stepdad Pete looking on!

No comments: