Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our First Horse Show


We went to our first horse show on Friday in Brenham to see Daddy compete. Not a good idea. It was hot out and we sat in the bleachers for about 5 minutes in our infant seat before Baby Bird got hot and sticky and started to cry. I took her out and tried to soothe her but to no avail and I didnt want to be a distraction to the competitors so we left! She hates being strapped into the infant seat.

So much for our first big outing. I thought for sure the car would soothe her but 5 minutes down the road and she was still wailing! I had to pull over at the Shell station and climb in the back seat and pull her out and rock her for awhile to calm her down!

Yesterday she took her first bottle, so I was pleased to see that that went well! She gulped it down very quickly though, which of course made her have a tummy ache.

This photo above is what i call our "drunken Popeye" look. She gives a half smile and smirk.

No comments: